A 2-Day Journey through Immersive Learning, learning through REAL© Projects (PBL), Challenge Based Learning, Critique and Assessment
Opportunities to visit the outstanding Hartsholme Academy – ‘Innovation School of the Year 2013’, and experience; Environmental Immersion, Peer Critique and use of Rubric, Challenge Based Learning and REAL Projects.
- 9.00am – 12.30pm: Hartsholme Academy Open Morning
- 12.30pm – 1.15pm: Lunch
- 1.15pm – 3.00pm – An introduction to REAL© Projects: Curriculum design from thinking and passions.
- What is ‘REAL Projects’?
- How can we give our students real choice, voice and adult world connections?
- How can we balance rigour with engagement and work that really matters?
- How can teachers truly become designers of their own school’s curriculum and with that, students’ learning?
- 9.00am – 12.00pm: An opportunity to explore the transition from teacher to facilitator, including Challenge Based Learning & an introduction to SOLE. Includes observing learning across the primary phase
- 12.00pm – 12.45pm: Lunch
- 12.45am – 2.15pm: Critique & Multiple Drafts, including the co-construction and use of Rubric
- 22 & 23 February 2018
- 14 & 15 June
Hartsholme Academy, Lincoln, LN6 0DE
£300 per person or group discount if 3+ £250 per person
(EOS can signpost very reasonable accommodation)